1. Tourists who are coming from European countries where there is no Mongolian diplomatic presence are eligible to obtain on-arrival visa at the airport in Ulaanbaatar or Mongolian border points.
2. Transit visa can also be applied at Mongolian borders if the applicant is coming from European countries where there is no Mongolian diplomatic presence and has an onward flight/train ticket or obtained a visa if applicable, of the country he or she plans to visit immediately after Mongolia. (Transit visa allows for a stay up to 10 days in Mongolia)
Important notice: You must contact the relevant diplomatic mission whether your country is among the countries whose nationals are eligible to receive on-arrival visa before your intended travel to Mongolia.
General requirements for visa applications will apply for applicants requesting on-arrival visa.
To avoid longer processing times, travelers are advised to complete the application form prior to their arrival in Mongolia. Visa fee shall be paid on arrival.
3. Visitors coming to Mongolia for a purpose other than tourism may only be issued on arrival visa if the following requirements are met:
- Applicant is coming from countries where there is no Mongolian diplomatic mission
- You must have an inviting person/entity who must apply for your on-arrival visa approval at the Immigration Agency of Mongolia prior to your expected arrival (www.immigration.gov.mn)
- Official/government visitors may be issued on-arrival visa if an inviting government/public organization apply for your visa approval at the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia (www.consul.mn)
By: Consular Department, MFA